CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Missions Trip

I want to share with you a ministry opportunity that the Lord has presented to me. In a couple of months I will be going to Costa Rica with a team of 15 women from my church. We will be working at a children's home. It is a Bible based, Christian, faith ministry which provides temporary homes for 'at-risk' children, ages birth to 7 years old. The heart beat of the home is to meet each child's physical needs, to share the eternal gift of salvation through Jesus Christ and to provide a stable environment in which the healing process Jesus Christ may begin in the hearts of these broken children.

Since prayer support is so important to the success of this mission, I would like to know if I can count on you in that area? Would you be willing to to pray regularly for me (at least once a week) during my preparation and training, and daily during the actual outreach? If I can count on you as a prayer partner, please post a comment or email me. I'm excited about the oppotunity and experience that lies ahead and I covet your prayers most of all. I will keep you updated in the coming months.

6 comments:

Candie said...

I truly admire your courage in committing to a mission trip at this "season" of you life. You are blessed to have a lot of support from your family while you're away and support to encourage to go. I will "stay tuned" to your site as your trip gets closer. Thank you for prayers on our second miracle. I'm glad you found my second blog. I don't really "advertise" that I have it as the topic is not everyone's interest. I trust that those who are led to read it connect with it in some way. Thanks for commenting back. I'll visit again soon. Again, I'm thankful for you allowing God to use you on your trip.

marnmic said...

I'm a prayer partner. :-)

Kristin said...

I'm so happy that you get to go on the mission trip, you'll have a wonderful time I'm sure. We will be praying! (P.S. I did get that Thurs & Fri in the first week in Dec. off to watch Liv.)

Candie said...

My first name is Candie. Do you mind if I add your blog to my roll?

Candie said...

No, no face book. Yes, I'd love for you to add me. Where do the girls get their red hair? I love your idea of "Blogs I stalk". There's a couple I read, including Bring the Rain (I see that on a lot of blogs) of people I don't know. So I think I'll set up a column like that on mine. Where do you guys live?

amy (metz) walker said...

What's the latest with Costa? You haven't posted in a while!