CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Baked Potatoes, Sleeping Girl and New Chairs

I hadn't planned on blogging again quite so soon but there were a few events of the day that I thought warranted a post! I'm sure many of you already know what a picky eater Olivia is. We often call her "Mini Kristin" because she takes after my sister in that way! Now to be clear, I'm not asking the girl to eat brussel sprouts, broccoli or peas. She won't even eat comfort foods like mashed potatoes and gravy. She loves her fruit, yogurt, cheese, bread, macaroni cheese, chicken nuggets and crackers. You get the picture. Well tonight I made "Loaded Baked Potatoes" for dinner. I told myself before offering it to her that I was going to stand firm and not give in to her tears. I served up her potato and gave her a little pep talk and what do you know, she ate it!!! She said, "Mmmm, mommy this is so good!". Maybe this is a step in the right direction!

Then while I was cleaning up the dishes, Abby and Julia went on an errand with Kelby, so I settled Liv on the couch to watch her favorite show on Noggin ... I normally hear her singing along but as I was doing the dishes I noticed how quiet it was so I went to check on her and this is how I found her ... She was sound asleep! I guess eating that potato took a lot out of her!!!

When Kelby returned with the girls he had the new chairs we bought for our front porch which had been on back order. Don't they look inviting?

I look forward to many evenings sitting out on the porch reading a good book with a tall glass of ice tea ...
That is if I can get these girls of mine off of them!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

A girl after my own heart! However, I do hope my little protege gets over her picky eating habits a lot sooner than her auntie did. Sounds like she's on her way. I tried a loaded baked potato but I didn't like it...I think it was the texture of the potato...ick. Your table and chairs look great!

amy (metz) walker said...

I love that first picture of your porch...love the chairs and it does look very inviting!

Kara Prater said...

What a cute post. :) And I love your porch with new chairs. I dream of living in a home with a big porch doesn't matter if its the front or back and a swing and for sure a cool place to enjoy that porch. Southeast Texas just doesn't cut it.