CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Break From Regular Programming ...

I got this email from a friend the other day, and since I don't have anything new to post about "The Redheads", I thought I'd post this "getting to know you" questionnaire. Who knows, you might learn something about me you never knew!

1. Gone on a blind date: Yes, my very first date was a blind date
2. Skipped school: I think maybe once in high school my friend and I skipped out to go to the mall
3. Watched someone die: No
4. Been to Canada: No
5. Been to Mexico: No ... but I'm going on a Missions Trip to Costa Rica in a few months ... more on that to come!!
6. Been to Florida: Yes, just last month!
7. Been on a plane: Yes, but I prefer not to. I'm not a fan of flying! Turbulance scares me to death!
8. Ever had your heart broken: Yes ... it also hurts to be the one to do the breaking though!
9. Been on the opposite side of the country: Yes, I lived on the opposite side of the country - Germany - for 3 years!
10. Gone to Washington, DC: No, but I would love to!
11. Swam in the ocean: If you count going waist deep swimming in the ocean, then yes. Honestly, I'm too afraid of sharks and of being out of my depth to swim in the ocean.
12. Cried yourself to sleep: Of course, I'm a girl
13. Recently colored with crayons: Yes, I love to color with my girls. I think it's theraputic.
14. Sang Karaoke: Not on your life!!!
15. Paid for a meal with coins only: At the drive thru sometimes.
16. Made prank phone calls: Yes, in Junior High ... before caller ID. Kids can't do that anymore, can they?
17. Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose: Yes
18. Written a letter to Santa Claus: Yes. I would leave a letter for Santa by the cookies and milk I left out on Christmas Eve and he always wrote back. It took me years to realize it was my dad's handwriting!
19. Been kissed under the mistletoe: Yes
20. Watched the sunrise with someone you care about: You know I don't think I've ever sat and watched the sunrise. Too early for me!
21. Blown bubbles: Of course, I have kids!
22. Gone ice-skating: Once and I wasn't very good
23. Been skinny dipping outdoors: No! Do you think I'd really admit to this though, my mom reads this blog! :) Just kidding, I haven't! Honestly!
24. Gone to the movies: Yes, I love going to the movies!
25. Any nickname? Lis, Leah
26. Mother's name: Jean
27. Favorite drink? Lemonade
28. Any Tattoos? No
29. Body piercings? Just ears, one whole in each. I had them double pierced a long time ago but I let them close up. I guess I go for the more classic look.
30. How much do you love your job? My full-time job - I love it! Best job in the world to be a mom. My part-time job as an administrative assistant to one of the pastor's at our church - It's great to work for such a wonderful man of God, to learn something in the process and to be able to do 95% of it at home! The Lord has truly blessed me.
31. Favorite vacation? Venice, Italy! I would love to go to Greece, Ireland and Hawaii one day!
32. Ever been to Africa? No
33. Ever been on TV? A commercial once, only because they recorded hometown greetings while we were in Germany to air on TV back home. I never got to see it though.
34. Ever been in a car accident? Yes, once when I was about 20. I totalled my little Mazda 323. A car pulled out of a side street and hit the passenger side. I went to the Chiropractor for months afterwards.
35. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4-door Honda Odyssey. You should see me driving Kelby's 2-door with all 3 girls. It's quite a sight!
36. Favorite salad dressing? Raspberry Vinagrette
37. Favorite pie ? I prefer cake but I do love Dutch Apple
38. Favorite number? I don't have a favorite number
39. Favorite movie? Too many ... Sound of Music, Pride & Prejudice, Meet the Parents, Dan in Real Life, The Bourne Trilogy, The Italian Job
40. Favorite holiday? Christmas
41. Favorite dessert? White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!!!
42. Favorite food? Chinese, Mexican, Italian. I'm easy to please. Pretty much anything but Sushi!
43. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
44. Favorite brand of body wash? Bath and Body Works
45. Favorite smell? Newborn babies
46. Do you remember your first kiss? I was 17 and it was on my very first date. Of course I remember, you never can forget your first kiss.
47. What do you do to relax? Read a book, listen to worship music
48. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Being the mom to 3 teenage girls. Lord, help me!
49. How many siblings do you have? 1 brother who is 30 and 1 sister who is 25
50. Furthest place you will send this message? It's on my blog, so who knows?

Those were some pretty random questions! So, did you learn anything new about me? Comment away! Well, the house is quiet so I think I'll go take a Sunday afternoon nap. I'm feeling pretty exhausted from staying up late too many nights watching the Olympics! I also ran 15 miles this week, but not all at once! A nap sounds pretty good right now! Until next time ...

4 comments:

Kristin said...

That was fun to read! I love the pics of the girls on the sidebar...put them on your facebook! :)

The Farmer Files said...

I landed here through a search. You know, I always wanted to have red hair and green eyes. Two of my cabbage patch dolls had red hair and green eyes...back when my mom had to be on a wait list for them! Aloha!

Steph said...

Oh my goodness Lisa, you have GOT to share your potato recipe with me!

Those look amazing!

Lisa said...

Steph, I wish I could claim the wonderful looking baked potatoes in the pic but I just found it on the flickr site. Mine are great but don't look quite like this pic. Sorry!