CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Project Swingset

I've always wanted to be able to look out my kitchen window and see my girls playing on their very own swingset in our backyard. Well, I got my wish! It's been a huge undertaking for Kelby because he has had to put the entire thing together himself (me and power drills don't get along too well!). I've chronicled the progression of the swingset so you can see what a task this has been!

Oh my goodness, where to begin?

Taking shape...

The swings are up!

It's done! Thank you Daddy for all your hours and hours of work!

Jules having fun on the swings!
Julia monkeying around Liv and Jules

Abby chillin' in the treehouse
Gorgeous flowers in bloom in backyard Onto other news ... after 3 1/2 long months of waiting, Kelby received a job offer!!!! Can you tell I'm just a little bit excited and relieved?!? It was a stressful few months but I think we've come out the other side stronger than before. The Lord took care of us in so many ways over the past few months, so we feel very blessed and thankful. Before Kelby starts his new job, we've decided to go on vacation to "The Happiest Place on Earth"! Yep, we're going to Disney World. The girls are so excited, although I don't think Livvy knows what she's so excited about, but she does keep saying, "Are we going to go see Mickey today? Are we, are we?" If I'm not too exhausted at the end of the day, I'll try to update while we're away, so check back soon!

5 comments:

Kara Prater said...

I love how the girls jumped onto the swing set and your husband isn't even finished putting it together. SO Fun for the them. Lots of free entertainment for you. :)
OH, congrats on getting to go Disney World- it will be magical for the girls. Have fun.

Steph said...

Yay! Awesome job on that swingset! It looks like a lot of fun and your yard looks fantastic.

Congrats on the job (finally huh?) that is wonderful news!

We're going to be moving come February or so...I'll explain later.

Have a blast with Mickey Mouse...I am SO jealous :)

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I love the swingset! I tell you those red-headed little girls make me smile, so stinking sweet!

Congrats on the job offer!

Kristin said...

The swing set looks like so much fun! Julia looks really pretty in that picture. I'll miss you guys when you're gone, tell Liv to ride Dumbo for Aunt Kristin! :) Love you guys!

marnmic said...

Cool swing set....way to go Kelby.
Adorable little girls! :-)