CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Attack of the birds

So .... the cute little birds I blogged about a while back have decided that the entire backyard is their home. The girls (and their mommy too) are afraid to go outside because when they do the birds start swooping at their heads and come within inches. Here we have this wonderful new swingset but my girls are too afraid to play outside on it! After the baby birds flew away and this territorial behavior started, Kelby knocked down their nest before we left for Florida. Well, when we returned it was rebuilt so he knocked it down again and wouldn't you know it they started rebuilding again yesterday. So I decided to do a little research to get some ideas on how to stop birds from building nests and one of the sites said to put up fake snakes to scare them away. Needless to say, the girls and I took a little trip to Target in search of snakes. Here's hoping the birds get their eviction notice and move on!!!

Who knows what our neighbors must think seeing snakes hanging from our deck!

The only way Abby would go outside is with an umbrella to protect herself from the "mean birds"

"Help a snake!"Abby said I always post pictures of them but never of myself so she took this picture of me to post on my blog Stay tuned for reports on how the bird deterrent works out. If it doesn't, we just may need to invest in a bebe gun! I'm kidding ... sorta! :) Well, I better go get my run in before the rain starts!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Abby is quite the photographer, that's a beautiful picture of you Lis. (I'm sensing a new FB default pic!) Oh, and I like that shirt...can I borrow it!??!?! :)

mackenziegrace said...

I wish we lived closer so the girls could join in on the fun.

Steph said...

What a beautiful Mama! You look great Lisa!

When can we come and join you at the pool??