CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One Exhausting Bike Ride

On Saturday Kelby thought it would be fun for us all to go on a bike ride. Now I love going on bike rides, but when it's 90+ degrees and very humid, it didn't quite sound like my idea of fun but I succumbed. Abby was feeling a little under the weather so she spent the afternoon with Grandma Deese (lucky girl). We still ended up having three little girls though because we brought my niece along for the ride. Here are a few pictures from our exhausting 20 mile bike ride.

Before the ride

Julia is ready to go

Olivia and Adalee were pretty squished but they didn't complain ... too much! We stopped half way and had lunch at a little mom and pop diner.

I just love this girl. She is so tough! How many 7 year olds can bike 20 miles, fall off their bike and cut up their hands and knees and even admist tears and blood hop back on their bike to finish the last 6 miles. She hardly ever complains, just goes along with whatever is handed her. She's just like her mommy :)

Kelby had quite the workout pulling over 50 lbs. of little girls

Poor little girls. It was pretty hot in the bike trailer.

We didn't hear much talking on the way home. They were exhausted!

Nothings better than a Lime Slushee from Sonic after a long bike ride

On a different note, Kelby and I went to see the movie Mamma Mia on Friday night. Now I'm a huge fan of musicals (Sound of Music, Phantom, you get the picture) but I guess I kinda, sorta neglected to tell him it was a musical (which he's not a fan of).

Within the first few minutes of the film they broke into song. He looked over at me and said "What... is... this?" Oops. Oh well, it was good for him, right? Help broaden his horizons a bit. After about the 5th song in 15 minutes though, I think he wanted to walk out and go see Dark Knight. Come to think of it, I think we were one of very few people who went and saw Mamma Mia instead of Dark Knight.

But I really enjoyed it, it's a feel-good movie and it made me want to stand up and sing a long. The scenery was gorgeous too. Makes me want to go to Greece all the more.

Well I have a house that needs some TLC and daydreaming about Greece isn't going to get it done so I better get to it.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You are becoming quite the little writer! :) I'm so proud! Mom told me you went on a bike ride on Sat. and I couldn't believe it, I would have died of heat stroke lol. Jules is one tough cookie!

Lisa said...

Seriously?? That's quite a compliment coming from you. It's funny you said that though because Kelby said the same thing the other day. I guess the more you do something, the better you become. I still think I sound like a third grader though! :)

marnmic said...

Oh my...what a ride. The picture of the three girls in their car seats is my favorite. It is just so precious...what little troopers they are! That will be a memory they do not forget.

Michael saw the Dark Knight...upon his recommendation, Maddie and Marcus won't be seeing it for awhile...too intense.